Sunday, May 1, 2016
OROP notification: Major General (retd) Satbir Singh, leader of the protesting veterans, claimed a case will be filed by Jethmalani on OROP demand in the Supreme Court in next 3-4 days and he will not charge any fee. He said four more cases have been filed in the armed forces tribunal. “These cases pertain to rulings for jawans, war widows, arrears since 2006, payments for honorary ranks, rounding off of disability pension, and payments of reservists,” he said. The veterans’ protest at Jantar Mantar entered its 320th day today.
Protesting ex-servicemen tonight suspended their 320-day-old agitation for complete implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) as senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani assured them of leading their legal battle in the apex court. (PTI)
“Now that we have suspended the agitation, we believe that Parrikar will now keep his promises made to us,” said Col (retd) Anil Kaul, spokesperson of the ex-servicemen movement. (PTI)
NEW DELHI: Protesting ex-servicemen suspended their 320-day-old agitation for complete implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) on Friday as senior lawyer Ram Jethmalani assured them of leading their legal battle in the apex court. “The indefinite relay fast has been suspended now as we will be taking the legal recourse. Defence minister Manohar Parrikar had said that proverbial gun was been held to the head of the government by virtue of our presence at Jantar Mantar.
“Now that we have suspended the agitation, we believe that Parrikar will now keep his promises made to us,” said Col (retd) Anil Kaul, spokesperson of the ex-servicemen movement. Addressing armed forces veterans staging protest at Jantar Mantar in the national capital, Jethmalani said he would fight their case in the Supreme Court. “I am 93-year-old and I can die any day but I assure you that it will not happen before I get you justice from the Supreme Court,” Jethmalani said.
Major General (retd) Satbir Singh, leader of the protesting veterans, claimed a case will be filed by Jethmalani on OROP demand in the Supreme Court in next 3-4 days and he will not charge any fee.He said four more cases have been filed in the armed forces tribunal. “These cases pertain to rulings for jawans, war widows, arrears since 2006, payments for honorary ranks, rounding off of disability pension, and payments of reservists,” he said.The veterans’ protest at Jantar Mantar entered its 320th day today. Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar had in September last year announced implementation of the long delayed OROP for ex-servicemen but the veterans have been continuing with their protest demanding “complete” implementation of the scheme.
(Source- Sanjha Morcha blog)
MPs Demand for 100 Percent Pay hike – A joint committee on salaries and allowances of Members of Parliament under BJP MP Yogi Aditya Nath has recommended doubling of MPs salaries and perks.
Ahead of the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, members of Parliament (MPs) have recommended a hike of 100% for themselves, saying they deserve it for their ‘good conduct’. A joint committee on salaries and allowances of Members of Parliament (MPs) under BJP MP Yogi Aditya Nath has recommended doubling of MPs salaries and perks.
According to an NDTV report, a parliamentary committee has suggested that the salary of MPs be raised from Rs 50,000 to a lakh a month and the constituency allowance be raised from Rs 45,000 to Rs 90,000. If the committee’s proposal is accepted, the total compensation package for an MP will go up from Rs 1,40,000 to 2,80,000.
Samajwadi Party MP Naresh Agarwal had raised the issue of salary hike and said that MPs deserve pay hike for ‘good conduct’ and that many lawmakers were afraid to speak up on the issue.
If free air and rail travel, free housing and other amenities are considered, each MP will cost the taxpayer more than Rs 4 lakh per month, reported Free Press Journal, quoting statistics maintained by the PRS Legislative Research. The package also includes increasing money for office expenses from Rs 15,000 to Rs 30,000 per month and secretariat assistance from Rs 30,000 to Rs 60,000 per month.
Once agreed and cleared by the finance ministry, the increase in MPs emoluments can put an additional burden of Rs 250 crore on the exchequer. Last year’s allocation had cost the exchequer Rs. 295.25 crore for Lok Sabha Members and Rs 121.96 crore for Rajya Sabha members.
Incidentally, there is no pay commission to look into MP’s salaries and they themselves are entitled to increase their salaries and perks.
This huge increase looks “obscene” to some Left parties MPs, especially in a country where a person spending over Rs 32 a day in rural areas and Rs 47 in urban areas is not considered poor according to the RBI expert panel
(Source - via gp e-mail from Clarence Manickam Vet)
Friday, April 29, 2016
Wednesday, April 27, 2016
THE 200 PAGE DOSSIER SAYS - JNU IS A DEN OF ORGANISED SEX RACKET : AND THIS KANHAIAH KR RANTS (LIES) THAT ARMY PERSONNEL RAPE WOMEN IN KASHMIR
New Delhi, April 27, 2016 | UPDATED 18:02 IST
A dossier prepared by a group of teachers of the JNU is likely to add more fuel to the fiery controversy surrounding the prestigious academic institution. The 200-page report, which has been put together by a group of 11 JNU teachers, describes the university as a "den of organised sex racket."
The 200-page document, which was prepared by a group of 11 JNU teachers in 2015, was released recently to a few journalists.
The document, which was prepared in 2015 and released only recently to a few journalists, has been submitted to the JNU administration, The Wire reports. The report has been prepared by a group of 11 teachers, who are believed to be close to the Bharatiya Janata Party and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, the students' wing of the RSS.
Amita Singh, professor at the Centre for Law and Governance, who heads the group of teachers, claimed that sex workers inside JNU hostel messes are a common thing.
"Over one thousand boys and girls students have been fined from Rs 2000 to Rs 5000 for consuming alcohol, for indulging in immoral activities in their hostels. At a casual glance at the gates of the hostel one can see hundreds of empty alcohol bottles. Sex workers have been openly employed in hostel messes, where they not only lure JNU girls into their organized racket but also pollute the boys," Amita Singh was quoted as saying.
"How come big and high brand cars are moving around the hostels particularly in the night hours. Some security staff is also involved in this racket. Money, sex, drugs and alcohol are tools through which freshers are being lured into this ring," she added.
The document titled 'Jawaharlal Nehru University: The Den of Secessionism and Terrorism' also accuses a few university teachers of encouraging a "decadent culture in JNU and legitimising separatist movements in India."
"It is a matter of serious concern that some JNU academics masquerading as liberals and feminists have been engaged in nefarious and anti-national activities of maligning India publically through their statements, lectures, publications and extra-academic activities of their NGOs which receive liberal funding from foreign hostile agencies," the document states.
Assistant professor in the Special Centre for Sanskrit Studies, Hari Ram Mishra, who was part of the group which prepared the dossier, told The Wire that they want to safeguard JNU from more trouble.
"The reason we compiled and submitted the dossier to the university administration was to prevent future disturbances in the university. JNU has become a place where communists terrorise others in the name of freedom of speech. Our point is that students should be apolitical. If you want to enter politics, there is a huge field outside. But JNU Students' Union should be limited to campus work only. But unfortunately, here communists are preferred over meritorious students," Mishra said.
The report assumes significance as a high-level committee formed to probe the recent incidents on campus found many students guilty of raising anti-national slogans.
Earier this week, based on the recommendations of the high-level committee, the JNU administration rusticated research scholars Umar Khalid and Anirban Bhattacharya, and also fined student leader Kanhaiya Kumar Rs 10,000 for their involvement in a controversial event held in campus in the memory of Parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
ABVP leader Saurabh Sharma, who had complained against Kanhaiya and his comrades for their allegedly "anti-national" activities, has also been fined Rs 10,000 for the row.
(By Shashank Shantanu)
(Source- India Today)
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
FORGET INDIA DREAMING TO BE SUPER POWER, INDIA CANNOT BECOME EVEN A REGIONAL POWER.- CURTSEY DEPT OF EX-SERVICEMEN WELFARE, MINISTRY OF DEFENSE
The facts reported in this news item if true,elevates the MoD of India to a unique reputation of being the only government in a democracy that fights legal battles against her own soldiers and veterans........
. ....Incredible India.
With AFT decisions not being implemented, defence personnel forced to file contempt petitions. The report said that most of the decisions are not implemented on the flimsy pretext of being against ‘government policy’.
Data accessed by The Indian Express shows, that in cases pertaining to Army, out of a total of 10,645 cases pending in various benches of AFT as on July 1, 2015, as many as 4790 were execution applications.
Delay in implementation of the orders of the Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) benches across the country is resulting in an increasing number of serving and retired defence services personnel and their family members filing contempt petitions asking for implementation of the earlier orders of AFT.
Data accessed by The Indian Express shows, that in cases pertaining to Army, out of a total of 10,645 cases pending in various benches of AFT as on July 1, 2015, as many as 4790 were execution applications. Out of this data, in case of Chandigarh bench, out of a total of 7,117 pending cases, 4390 are execution/contempt applications which means 61.68 per cent of total pending cases are execution/contempt applications alone.
A committee formed by the Ministry of Defence (MoD) has also commented adversely on the tendency on part of government departments under the MoD not to implement the decisions till a contempt petition is filed. The committee, whose report was de-classified recently, observed that non-implementation of orders in time leads to not only frustration amongst litigants and a bad name to the organisation but also in massive outgo of taxpayers’ money and burden on the exchequer by way of costs, interests and avoidable payments to Government Counsel for multiple dates of hearings.
SOME ONE IS MAKING MONEYO N THE MISERY OF SOLDIERS IN THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(Source- Vasundhra blog)
1. Our Relay Hunger Strike is going on smoothly and strongly at Jantar Mantar. Today is 317th day. Mrs Sudesh Goyet has been regularly on Relay Hunger Strike for 244th day. We salute her grit determination and dedication to the cause. Ex-Servicemen throughout the length and breadth of the Country have whole heartedly supported the cause by their presence and donations. 14 brave ESM had taken fast unto death and continued till 25 days to convey unhappiness of ESM countrywide with neglect of ESM by Government and denial of OROP to ESM.(preferably write their names). Volunteers who are administrating Relay Hunger Strike at Jantar Mantar, are doing an excellent job and their contribution will be remembered whenever the History of OROP will be written. Special mention will be made of the contribution of ESM of Gurdaspur who also completed RHS for 306 days alongwith JM of Delhi. Jathas from neighbouring states and NCR are holding the Relay Hunger Strike with Honour, Dignity and Respect. The supporters from across the country visit Jantar Mantar to showcase their solidarity to the cause of Soldiers and for the Profession of Arms. “Izzat-O-Insaf” slogan rents the air at Jantar Mantar many times during the day.
2. ESM Agitation per se which started on 14 June 2015 at Jantar Mantar and at many locations in the Country will continue, will be strengthened by the day till our objective of Implementation of Actual OROP is met. Unity of objectives, the cardinal principle will be adopted and adhered to. The actions and activities may however be strategized, keeping in view the response from the Govt and the existing environments.
3. We have already sent our representation to address the anomalies arising in the implementation of OROP to Justice Reddy Committee on 25 Mar 2016 through the Hon’ble RM. This is in response to the discussion held by RM with the ESM representatives on 14 Mar 2016. Justice Reddy Committee is scheduled to submit its recommendations by . As already informed to you all, we have brought out the following anomalies in the Implementation of OROP:-
· Equalization of Pensions as per the original approved definition be carried out every year instead of 5 years as per the Govt Notification dated 07 Nov 2015.
· Pensions are to be fixed at maximum of the Rank and year of service in the year instead of Average of Max and Min.
· Since the OROP is being implemented with effect from 01 Jul 2014, the base year should be 2014-2015 instead of Average of 2013.
· OROP should be implemented with effect from 01 Apr 2014 as mentioned in the Executive Order of the Govt dated 26 Feb 2014 instead of 01 Jul 2014.
· There are serious inaccuracies in the construction of Tables issued on 03.02.2016 for the fixation of pensioners. The details of inaccuracies have been brought to the Notice of Service HQs with request to forward the same to Justice Reddy Committee. We understand from the Service HQs that these inaccuracies have been brought to the notice of MoD.
· Approved definition of OROP has been given out in the Govt. Executive Order dated 26 Feb 2014. But it has been changed while transmitting to Reddy Committee, which totally destroys the soul of the OROP. This approved definition has been confirmed by Minister of State for Defence Rao Inderjit Singh in the Parliament on 02 Dec 2014 and is in line which the Recommendations of Koshyari Committee. The salient point of the Govt Executive Orders and the approved definition of OROP vide Govt of India In of Def Letter No. 12 (01)/2014/D(Pen/Pol) dated 26 Feb 2014 are as under :-
(i) Finance Minister in his Interim Budget Speech on 17th February 2014 announced that the Government has accepted the principle of One Rank One Pension for the defence forces. In pursuance of this Budget announcement and the decision taken in the meeting chaired by Hon’ble Raksha Mantri on 26.02.2014, It has been decided to implement the principle of One Rank One Pension for all ranks of defence forces prospectively from the financial year 2014-15.
(ii) It was noted that “One Rank One Pension (OROP) implies that uniform pension be paid to the Armed Forces personnel retiring in the same rank with the same length of service irrespective of their date of retirement and any future enhancement in the rates of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners. This implies bridging the gap between the rate of pension of the current pensioners and the past pensioners and also future enhancements in the rate of pension to be automatically passed on to the past pensioners”
4. However, the Govt through its Notification dated 07 Nov 2015, has changed the above approved definition which totally destroys the soul of the OROP. We have already written to RM for the restoration of original definition Justice Reddy has been requested to recommend the restoration of the original approved definition. The amended definition in fact kills the very concept of OROP which is to be applicable in perpetuity.
5. We will shortly be impleading in the ongoing OROP case of Maj Gen SPS Vains Vs others and Union of India in the SC for all ranks. Senior Advocate Shri Ram Jeth Malani has very kindly consented to fight our case of implementation of Actual OROP for all ranks pro-bono.
6. The Govt through its, Additional Solicitor General (ASG) Ms. Pinky Anand, on 16 Feb 2015 had stated that the Govt has sanctioned the implementation of OROP for which the Supreme Court of India gave three months time for its Implementation. Though, the Govt has implemented the OROP through its Notification dated 07 Nov 2015 and Tables issued vide letter No 12(1)/2014/D(Pen/Policy)-Part –II dated 03.02.2016, it is a diluted OROP and is NOT RPT NOT ACTUAL OROP. We will continue our struggle till Actual OROP is granted.
7. We are also filing the following cases in AFT RK Puram New Delhi:-
(a) Grant of pension equal to regular ranks for Hony ranks awarded to ESM on retirement or after retirement.
(b) Broad banding of disability pension.
(c) Arrears upto 2006 for all JCOs/OR.
(d) Reservist Pension should be increased.
8. The Print and Electronic Media has blacked out any new about our ongoing OROP Agitation. We have already brought to the Notice of Information Minister Mr. Jaitley and requested him to issue suitable directions to ensure free and fair media coverage of our Activities of our Movement. All members of Defence Fraternity and our supporters are requested to chip in and assist in coverage of News regarding our activities through Print, Electronic and Social Media platforms. Fauji kids are doing good job and we request more of the like to join in
9. There are serious and large numbers of Anomalies in the recommendations of 7the CPC. If the recommendations are approved in the present form, it will furthers degrade and downgrade the profession of Defence Forces. The Review Committee constituted by the Govt does not have any member from the Defence Forces. Even the BSF has got their member included. The three chiefs have jointly represented to the Govt and brought out 36 Anomalies in the Recommendations of 7th CPC. We the Ex-Servicemen fully support the views of our three Services Chiefs and would struggle to get our due Justice. The degradation, down gradation, ill-treatment and mistreatment of Military in status, pay pension and allowances have to stop and the status of Defence Forces in all respects as it existed on 26 Jan 1950 needs to be restored at the earliest. We will jointly and unitedly struggle to get Izzat and Insaf for the solders. We request all members of the Sainik Samaj to strongly represent to the Govt about the injustices being heaped on the Soldiers at all forums to ensure Civil Military relations are restored to the required and desired levels. Dignity & Respect of the Soldiers must be ensured by the Govt and the Nation.
10. We would request our Hon’ble PM & RM and the six MPs from the Defence Fraternity to assist in Restoring the Izzat of the Soldiers”. “Do we respect our Soldiers”? Discussion needs to be taken to every nook and corner of the country on all forums to grant the due priority to the “Profession of Arms” and the “Security of the Nation.” Our representatives in the Parliament must debate on the issue and restore the status of Armed Forces in all respects to the 26 Jan 1950 level.
11. We strongly feel that the Political Parties and the Govts of the day did not pay any attention to the Defence Forces since they thought that we, both serving and retired are spread across the Country and do not use our Vote Power. This thought had a lot to do with the neglect of defence personnel by the Political Parties.
12. We now, understand power of Vote and have carried out study and research across the country in various states. The study reveals that we have direct influence of over 6 crores Votes and our capability of opinion making is so large in villages and Tehsils that we could influence another 4 crores indirectly. This large no of voting strength can affect the election outcome of at-least 150 Parliamentary Constituencies and over 450 State Assembly Constituencies across the country.
13. Friends, we propose to utilize this potential Force of “Power of Vote”. We should, based on the interests of Sainik Samaj, use this “Power of Vote”. Each vote should be cast with care and thought. We intend to take ESM to Parliament and state assemblies to raise the voice of ESM family. We intend to now directly participate in law making rather than begging existing MPs to write laws governing ESM and armed forces. Our OROP Protest Movement since 14th June 2015 has taught us many lessons. The best outcome of the Movement has been the forging of “Unity of Objections” amongst the Sainik Samaj. It was this Unity, demonstrated on ground at Jantar Mantar and at many location across the country which has been the major factor in the implementation of OROP though it is in a Diluted form.
14. We have decided to use this “Power of Votes” in all Election in the States and Centre. We request all members of the Sainik Samaj to understand and use this “Power of Votes” for the interest and benefit of Sainik Samaj in the coming State elections.
15. We will soon be focusing on this important factor to restore our status in all respects. ESM in various states who have the interest should come forward and fight elections from Panchyat to Parliament.
16. We, however wish to clarify that no member from Governing Body of IESM will fight any Election as candidate. In case any member wishes to do so, he / she will resign before contesting the election.
17. As already announced, we will actively take part, in elections and unitedly use the “Power of Votes” in all coming State Elections with the sole aim of sending 40 to 50 ESM as Member Parliament and 30 to 40 ESM in each state assemblies to represent ESM family.
18. The false case lodged against the office bearers of IESM will be fought to its logical conclusions. We assure the Sainik Samaj once again that every paisa of the IESM Funds has been spent on the activities of the IESM, accounted for, Audit by Independent CA carried out and the withdrawal and expenses duly ratified by the General Body. Our accounts are open to all ESM to come and check them randomly.
All members of the retired Defence Fraternity, specially our senior officers of One Star and above” and our supporters are requested to visit Jantar Mantar daily to showcase their solidarity to the cause of Soldiers.
“Hands-Heads and shoulders…………Together”
Maj Gen Satbir Singh, SM (Retd)
Advisor United Front of Ex Servicemen & Chairman IESM
(SOURCE- VIA GP E-MAIL)